Your mom woke up on your due date feeling something light. By around 10am she called me and said that she is having contractions. You had your final doctors appointment coincidentally at 11 at the hospital. The doctor confirmed the contractions but told us it would be too early to go to the hospital.
You were born at Cedars Sinai and lovely Robertson Bl was a block away. So mommy, babushkah and I went window shopping and ate at Newsroom restaurant whiley your mom was having her occasional painful contractions.
Once we went to the hospital around 3, there was an overflow of patients so we had to wait 45 minutes for a room. You would think your mom would have pull at the hospital she has worked at for 4 years. Once your mom was 6cm's dialated she got the epidural and her pain went away. We waited for you to get low and then for only 30 minutes your mom pushed as hard as she could.
I saw the whole thing while I held your moms left foot in the air! I saw your head first. It was a hairy head then you came out and the doctor immediately handed you to mom. She was crying of joy. Then I cut the umbilical cord. Saba and Safta were outside along with Ava and Timan. They came in and saw you. A couple things really stood out. You were extremely aware of your surroundings right from the beginning. When someone would say Michael you would turn your head and look at them. You had a fixed gaze on the room. Also, you looked great. I was warned the kid would have a cone head and look funny. Your head was perfectly round and you looked like a beautifuly baby inside and out.
We stayed at the hospital that 1st night and a 2nd night. Your mom and I stayed alone at nights. Grandmas and friends/family stopped by during the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment